Communications & Production Coordinator
If you are a detail-oriented project manager who enjoys collaborating on multiple projects across departments, the North American Hardware and Paint Association (NHPA) wants to talk to you.
Please send a cover letter including salary requirements and your resume to Production Manager Austin Vance at avance@YourNHPA.org.
NHPA is an international trade association and publisher in Indianapolis that serves as an advocate and educator for independent home improvement, lumber and paint and decorating store operators. The 120-year-old organization achieves its mission by delivering well-respected content, resources and programs—including two monthly print magazines, a variety of developmental and educational programs and guides, online and in-person training courses, exclusive industry research, virtual and in-person events and more—to over 40,000 small business owners in the U.S. and Canada.
Our team is small, but mighty. We have 25 employees across several departments who are skilled in copywriting, editing, graphic design, digital media production, marketing, sales, finance, event planning, strategic leadership and more. We believe in working hard, taking initiative and ownership, while also maintaining our work-life balance.
Learn more about NHPA here.
About the Job
This role reports to the Production Manager and helps facilitate communications and production for the association and its two media brands. Responsibilities include scheduling, tracking and gathering performance analytics for print and digital projects, including two monthly publications, social media content, e-newsletters and other regularly scheduled projects. The role requires expert attention to detail, project management and problem-solving capabilities, the ability to track deadlines and progress of projects across departments and hold team members accountable. Strong, professional communication skills are required.
See the types of projects you may work on at YourNHPA.org/jobs.
About the Day-to-Day
- Curate, assemble and schedule e-newsletters, website updates and social media content
- Develop, maintain and update production schedules and assignments as needed throughout production cycles
- Update project management systems with assignments, deadlines and appropriate resources and communicate with multiple departments on project status
- Collaborate with team members across departments on new initiatives, existing projects or for post-production discussions
- Collect performance analytics from multiple platforms and distribute to relevant team members
- Develop survey instruments as needed
- Maintain publication archives and indexes
- You delight in creating and maintaining schedules and holding people accountable
- You are extremely detail-oriented and thrive with multiple ongoing projects
- You are eager to collaborate but can also problem-solve and produce high-quality work independently
- You enjoy process management and making suggestions to improve efficiency and collaboration
- You maintain a positive attitude when things don’t go according to plan and you offer solutions in the moment
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business operations or related field; experience is a suitable substitute for education
- 3-5 years in a multidisciplinary project management or production coordinator role
- Proficiency in Mailchimp or similar system
- Experience with project management systems such as Asana
- Knowledge of Adobe platforms a plus
- Knowledge of G Suite and Salesforce a plus
- Copy editing experience and AP style knowledge a plus